2017 Listowel Fair Ambassador Competition
Thursday, July 13, 2017
at the Grandstands following the parade & Opening Ceremonies.
1. Competitors must be single and must be 17 years of age by August 10, 2017 and no more than
23 years old as of September 10, 2018.
2. The Ambassador must attend the “OAAS Fair Convention” in February of 2018 in Toronto, the
District 8 Ambassador Competition in May of 2018 and the “Ambassador of the Fairs
Competition” at the CNE in August of 2018.
3. In addition to attending the above events, it is hoped that the Fair Ambassador will attend as
many Listowel Agricultural Society functions as possible during their 2017-18 reign. The
Agricultural Society would like to see the Ambassador take this opportunity to be both a youth
representative of the Ag. Society as well as provide the organization with a youth liaison.
4. Competitors must be a resident of the Municipality of North Perth or live in the Listowel District
Secondary School area and must have been a resident for a minimum of one year.
5. All competitors must volunteer for the duration of the 2017 Listowel Fair.
6. Competitors must have been involved with the Listowel Fair in the past in some aspect.
7. The judges’ decision is final.
Interview (Thursday afternoon, July 13/17)
Ride in Opening Night Parade
Speech (topics to be determined closer to the competition date)
Competitors need not come from a farm but should have some agricultural knowledge
and must be capable of representing the rural, farm aspect of our community.
Applications are available from Elizabeth Johnston, (Ph. 519-291-0644 or
e-mail: email@example.com ) & are due back by Saturday, June 17, 2017. Applications are also able to be submitted through our online application form.
Ambassador Competition Co-Chairs – Stephanie Robertson, 519-807-4525 & Elizabeth Johnston
Committee – Alanna Coneybeare, Kerri Bray, Tracey DeWeerd,
Emily MacCannell, Sydney Carson